Valentine's Day is Friday - plenty of time to pull together an evening of romance! Here are Garden of Esther's favorite connections between pasta and love:
1. Heart-shaped pasta! Is this not the perfect food for your Valentine's Day dinner? Let us know if you want a special order of this beet cuoricini, a fresh pasta sure to capture the heart of any and everyone you serve it to.
2. No matter what your age, you remember this scene from Lady and the Tramp. This moment would not have been possible without spaghetti!
3. ANYone can cook pasta. No special skills. No slaving away for hours. No traipsing to multiple stores for ingredients. No obscure kitchen implements. All you need is literally any Garden of Esther pasta, some olive oil, maybe some Parmesan cheese, and a pot. You can boil water? Then you can make pasta for your beloved this Friday.
4. Not seeing your darling for dinner? Then grab a few pasta donuts - they work for any meal, any snack, any time. If you can eat pasta with your fingers in front of your person, then you know it's true love.
5. Are you one of those people who think Valentine's Day is required to include chocolate? Before you pour hot fudge over your pasta, take a look at this easy recipe that includes dark chocolate:
12 ounces Garden of Esther fresh pasta
1 TB olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
1 ounce dark chocolate, chopped
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Make the pasta according to package directions.
While the pasta is cooking, heat oil in a medium skillet or saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, and saute for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add the remaining ingredients, and stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve over the pasta and enjoy!
(Recipe credit to Gimme Some Oven.)
Whether this year's Valentine's Day is you and friends, you and your honey, or just you, show your love with a home-cooked meal. And if you're an adult and want to watch Lady and the Tramp, make room for us on your couch!